Monday, November 4, 2013

Genetic Counselor

                                      
Research and discover the following about the Genetic Counselor
Duties and Responsibilities: Genetic Counselor work for people that have genetic, or inherited, disorders and birth defects. They often:
·       Educate patients and families about their conditions and that they have to manage their problems
·       Educate medical professionals about genetic disorders
·       Conduct research about genetic disorders.
Salary:  $25,000 - $55,000
Education: If students want to join and be a genetic counselor then you need the following requirements:
·       Challenging high school curriculum that emphasizes science and mathematics. 
·       A master's degree is required
·       Also many states require genetic counselors to be certified.
Would you like to be a Genetic Counselor? Why? Why not? I wouldn’t like to be this because I already know what I want to be when I grow up and probably I genetic counselor probably be one of the choices but I honestly don’t think I want to do that when I grow up.






No comments:

Post a Comment