Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Periodontist

Duties and Responsibilities: Periodontist is the specialty of dentistry that studies supporting structures of teeth as well as diseases and conditions that affect them. The periodontist examines the gums, checks to see if there is any gum line recession. It is extremely important to know if any medications are being taken or if the patient is being treated for any condition that can affect periodontal care.

Salary: 39,000-$49,000

Education: All dentists must have a bachelor’s degree before acceptance into an accredited dental school. Obtaining a bachelor’s degree in a science discipline such as biology, chemistry or life science can increase changes to be acceptance into a dental school. 

Add a Picture: 

Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why or Why not? I honestly do not want to become a periodontist because it’s not something I would want to do. I don’t think I would want to be this when I grow up because I have something else I want to work on and I really want to stick to that.


                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment